The minimum entry requirements for this course are: a good honours degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised international higher education provider and a clear interest in studying HRM at a postgraduate level, with a view to CIPD membership and a career in HR management; or some experience as an HR professional who has already completed CIPD qualifications to Intermediate level; or at least two years' HR and/or management experience.
Months of entry
Our International Human Resource Management MSc course gives you a deep insight into the strategies and techniques multinationals use to solve HRM issues when their employees work across multiple countries and leaves you with a respected academic qualification. The course has been designed to meet employers' needs and gives you the tools you need to succeed in senior human resources roles, executive training and development roles.
- This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Therefore, students who successfully complete the programme will receive both the CIPD and CMI professional qualifications in addition to the University qualification.
- You will automatically become a member of the CMI at the start of the programme and are expected to join as a CIPD student member.
- Kingston Business School has 30 years' experience of running human resources programmes.
- Our International HRM MSc programme is ranked eighth in the UK and was considered one of the best HRM masters programmes in western Europe in 2015 by the Eduniversal Masters Ranking (which covers 1,000 business schools in 153 countries in the world).
- Notable alumni.
- Excellent networking opportunities.
- From Research to Practice seminar series (co-presented by an HR academic and HR practitioner), jointly organised with the CIPD and delivered by leading HR managers, recruitment specialists and talent and development consultants alongside Kingston's own expert academics.
- Programmes taught by Kingston University's expert staff and leading researchers, alongside many guest speakers, visiting professors and fellows in Kingston Business School's renowned Centre for Research in Employability, Skill and Society.
- Proximity to the CIPD headquarters and library.
- Opportunity to study some modules in Moscow.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study
Following an induction programme that prepares you for intensive study, you will evaluate various external influences on HRM practice in organisations – from global strategic developments to ethical issues and social responsibility.
You will gain an advanced understanding of cross-cultural issues and human behaviour in international organisations, international labour regulations and standards, and the role of HRM in enhancing organisational and management performance internationally, including different approaches to international recruitment and selection, learning and development and compensation.Work placement scheme
Many postgraduate courses at Kingston University allow students to do a 12-month work placement as part of their course. The responsibility for finding the placement is with the student; we cannot guarantee the placement, just the opportunity to undertake it. As the work placement is an assessed part of the course, the work placement is covered by a student's tier 4 visa.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/international-human-resource-management-msc/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928