A good bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in any discipline. You do not need to have a background in business to study the Public Relations and Corporate Communications MA, but you will need to have a strong interest in internal communications, public relations or corporate social responsibility.
Months of entry
Our Public Relations and Corporate Communications MA is designed for people who want to build their careers in internal communications or public relations (PR) and enhance their understanding of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) – students on the course can apply for student membership.
- No exams – you will be assessed on your coursework and use it to build a portfolio you will be proud to show recruiters.
- Internship opportunity at The Fifth Business.
- Add study at the prestigious Boston University to your programme and gain a dual masters degree.
- Kingston Business School is one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council.
- Graduates from this course typically go on to work in senior internal communications, public relations and corporate social responsibility roles.
- Kingston upon Thames has been rated London's happiest borough and has the lowest crime rate in London, as well as fast transport links to the city centre.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study
This course is highly practical and involves the kind of hands-on learning that encourages flexible thought. It has a strong basis in business and marketing, rather than journalism, so it prepares you to excel in challenging or commercial environments. Whether you need to send a consistent message to multiple departments in government, or to a company's numerous external stakeholders, you will graduate with the ability to see the bigger picture and adapt your communications technique.
You will learn to:
- identify and understand different stakeholder groups, understand value and competitive advantage, and pitch effectively in front of leading market agency professionals; and
- adapt communication styles to ensure an organisation's message is understood by people with different educational levels, and across an international spectrum.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/pr-corporate-communications-ma/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928