A good bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in any discipline.
Months of entry
Our Marketing Communications and Advertising MSc, accredited by CIM, places each student under the spotlight. Can you put your sound theoretical understanding into practice? Will your communications plan, and the research it's built on, withstand academic scrutiny? Do you present work confidently? Would a seasoned ad agency director trust your recommendations? Graduates are ready to leap into advertising, communications or public relations roles, and answer any question their clients throw at them.
The Marketing Communications and Advertising MSc is accredited by Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
- Industry application and critique: on this course you will pitch to a panel of real marketing agency professionals, who will critique your technique as well as your response to the brief. You will learn to use research to become an expert in a given area, and to communicate these findings to others quickly and effectively. You will gain broad and also deep knowledge of each marketing communications channel, with a focus on advertising.
- Contacts in the sector: guest speakers, from marketing directors to media planners, come to Kingston to share up-to-the-minute information from their campaigns with our students. Even the course syllabus itself is designed and refined in consultation with a panel of marketing experts. With easy access to central London, there are plenty of opportunities to build up a network of contacts.
- Career-ready: the work you complete during your masters builds into a portfolio you can be proud to show recruiters. Graduates from this course typically enter the workplace in a variety of communications, public relations and consultant roles, and have a strong foundation on which to progress their careers to the top.
You do not need to have a background in business to study this course, but you will need to have a strong interest in gaining a masters in advertising and marketing communications.
- Real 'pitching' experience in front of top marketing communication professionals.
- The opportunity to achieve CIM professional qualifications, as a result of exemptions awarded by the CIM for this masters.
- Career and employability focus through integrated tasks and workshops.
- Broad and deep knowledge across all areas of communications, with a focus on advertising.
- Critical guidance as you create a marketing plan and enter it in the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (IDM) student competition.
- Highly interactive course, with many opportunities to put theory into practice.
- Industry links and networking opportunities, such as with guest speakers.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/marketing-communications-advertising-msc/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928