To apply for this course, you need: a good honours degree; or an equivalent professional qualification. We welcome applications from international students. Part-time applicants need to be in relevant employment or have practical experience. Part-time applicants working in a real estate organisation can enrol onto the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence APC scheme alongside their academic studies. Kingston University's Institute of Real Estate is a RICS partnership university, and the MSc Real Estate is one of its professionally accredited programmes. Once enrolled on the programme, part-time students can register for their final RICS assessment programme and start their period of structured training at work (for further information, see the RICS website).
Months of entry
This is an innovative degree designed primarily for people working or wanting to work in the real estate sector either in the UK or beyond who are seeking to gain a high-level head start. The reflective practitioner at junior or middle-management level can study individual modules to meet CPD requirements or to enhance their academic qualifications.
- Choose to study full time or part time.
- Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Students come from all over the world to study on Kingston University courses, so you will finish the course with an international network of contacts.
- Kingston University has produced more graduate start-up companies than any other higher education institution in the UK for four years running.
- Go on a field trip to a European city for a week.
- Course available to practitioners working part time in Warsaw.
- Kingston upon Thames has been rated London's happiest borough and has the lowest crime rate in London, as well as fast transport links to the city centre.
What will you study
This course will help you develop key research and analytical skills alongside your practical competencies. Since there is so much flexibility within the curriculum, you can choose to deepen your knowledge within focused areas of investment, asset management or development.
You will study six modules. All of these have been designed to ensure that they align with the core competencies of RICS, but still allow you to pursue your particular interests through your research project. The project culminates in the unique masters conference, and you'll also get the opportunity to take part in an international residential field trip.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928