- BS or MS degree in Basic Sciences (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or similar) or Health Sciences (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, medical biology, molecular biology and genetics, physical therapy and rehabilitation, nutrition and dietetics, or similar).
- TOEFL Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
– New Internet Based: Minimum Score 80
– Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
– Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- Statement of Purpose
Months of entry
Koç University Neuroscience PHD program brings together 43 faculty members from different academic backgrounds and disciplines and bridges core areas of neuroscience asMolecular, Developmental, Cellular, Systems, Cognitive, Computational and Clinical, to create a vigorous research program, address the broad areas encompassed by modern neuroscience and to help understanding how our precious brain works.
We aim to train our students with a strong general background in neuroscience and to lead them to specialize in a specific core area. For this aim, students are expected to take core and advanced neuroscience courses in addition to related courses of other graduate programs. Being a part of ongoing research and an active member of laboratory staff is expected from the first day of admission to the program.
Our faculty members support any collaboration and interact closely with other faculty members and students to create a multi-disciplinary impact. Many of the courses are given as coordinated-teaching by different faculty members.
• Molecular mechanisms of central nervous system tumors • The molecular mechanisms of reprogramming and identifying genes that are important for iPS cell generation • Epigenetics • Protein-protein interactions and protein structure-function dynamics • Targeted drug delivery • The synaptic inputs from receptors to motor neurons that innervate human muscles cognitive models of memory • Decision making and comprehension • Modeling neuronal circuits • Signal transduction in neural systems • Neurobiology of psychiatric and neurological disorders.
Information for international students
There is no separate application process for the full scholarship. You apply to the program and if admitted will be offered the full scholarship. The program is taught in English and there are a full range of student support services for our international students.
Fees and funding
KU Graduate Fellowship
KU Graduate Fellowship is a unique and highly competitive MA and PhD scholarship opportunity for outstanding applicants. Candidates having outstanding academic record and/or having high impact scientific publications are considered for KU Graduate Fellowship.
- Monthly stipend
- Full tuition waiver
- Free furnished housing nearby campus or housing aid
- Private health insurance
- Travel awards
- Other benefits
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team