- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- Recommendation Letters (2 for MSc)
- TOEFL Requirement (for those whose native language is not English). New Internet Based: Minimum Score 80
- GRE scores
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
Months of entry
Recent years breakthrough discoveries in health sciences have generally been achieved by effective cooperation between interdisciplinary research teams, which included members from medicine, basic sciences and engineering. Such a cooperation provides a broad visionary approach and strong scientific basis for a better understanding of the health related problems and allows the development of novel technologies to improve the quality of life.
Koç University Biomedical Sciences and Engineering (BMSE) MS programs have been developed with this philosophy in mind and offer unique, truly interdisciplinary graduate education and leading edge research opportunities for students with different disciplines, which include basic sciences (chemistry, physics and biological sciences) engineering (chemical, mechanical and electrical engineering), medicine and related health sciences programs and provide them with the vision, knowledge and tools to become the future leaders.
Current faculty projects and research interests:
- Computational and Quantative Biology
- Biometric Materials and Islet Cell Bioengineering
- Robıtics and Mechanics
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Molecular biochemistry
- Computational Systems
- Biofluids and Cardiovascular Mechanics
- Polymer Science and Technology
- Mitochondrial Biogenesis
- Cell Biology
- Optofluidic and Nano-Optics
Information for international students
The program is taught in English and there are a full range of student support services for our international students.
Fees and funding
KU Graduate Fellowship
KU Graduate Fellowship is a unique and highly competitive MA and PhD scholarship opportunity for outstanding applicants. Candidates having outstanding academic record and/or having high impact scientific publications are considered for KU Graduate Fellowship.
The scholarships are only available to students applying to Thesis Programs. If you want to be considered for a scholarship, we recommend that you apply to one of our thesis programs instead.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team