- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- Recommendation Letters (2 for MSc)
- TOEFL Requirement (for those whose native language is not English) - New Internet Based: Minimum Score 80
- GRE scores
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
Months of entry
Advances in technology depends more and more on the discovery and development of new materials having particular desired properties. In addition to mechanical strength, various structural, optical, electrical, magnetic and thermal properties are demanded from materials depending on the application. The field of Materials Science and Engineering investigates different classes of materials -metals, ceramics, polymers, electronic materials, biomaterials- with an emphasis on the relationships between the underlying structure and the processing, properties, and performance of the materials.
Understanding various material properties is the first step in finding ways to tailor these properties to meet some particular need or application, and for creating entirely new materials having particular desired properties. The M.S. program in Material Science & Engineering at Koç University is an interdisciplinary program with the objective of giving the students the fundamental physical and chemical knowledge required for material synthesis, structure-property characterization and processing; and complementing this with practical laboratory experience.
• Nanostructured materials • Photonics & laser materials • Polymeric materials & composites • Fuel cells & hydrogen storage materials • Processing & device applications • Protein biochemistry & biotechnology • Micro-optics & micro-nano system Technologies
Information for international students
There is no separate application process for the full scholarship. You apply to the program and if admitted will be offered the full scholarship. The program is taught in English and there are a full range of student support services for our international students.
Fees and funding
KU Graduate Fellowship
KU Graduate Fellowship is a unique and highly competitive MS and PhD scholarship opportunity for outstanding applicants. Candidates having outstanding academic record and/or having high impact scientific publications are considered for KU Graduate Fellowship.
- Monthly stipend
- Full tuition waiver
- Free furnished housing nearby campus or housing aid
- Private health insurance
- Travel awards
- Other benefits
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team