1. GPA: 3.0 minimum
2. GRE (foreign students) score with the following minimum scores.
GRE: 155 Quantitative section
3. English proficiency exam. Applicants need to have taken one of the following exams and have at least the minimum score listed below. Native English speakers do not need to take an English exam.
TOEFL IBT (80/120)
4. Statement of purpose: In addition to telling us about your academic background, try to be as specific as possible about which topics you would like to study and research while at Koç University.
5. Two letters of recommendation
Two recommendation letters are required for M.A. applications.
A short list of candidates will be invited for an interview, either in person or through Skype.
Months of entry
Comparative Studies in History and Society (CSHS) combines the strengths of the sociology and history departments of Koç University in an interdisciplinary Master of Arts (M.A.) program. The program, which serves a growing need in Turkey for interdisciplinary graduate programs in the social sciences, offers a theoretically-driven, historically-informed, and empirically-rigorous graduate education.
The CSHS M.A. program is a two-year degree program with a thesis. Students take courses in the first year and conduct their research and complete a thesis in the second year. The students identify specific faculty whom they wish to collaborate with on mutually agreed upon research projects. Mirroring the methodological diversity of its faculty, students have utilized a wide range of historical and sociological methods, including case-study and comparative historical approaches, quantitative survey methods, ethnography, archival research, content analysis, and a variety of mixed methods approaches.
Information for international students
There is no separate application process for the full scholarship. You apply to the program and if admitted will be offered the full scholarship. The program is taught in English and there are a full range of student support services for our international students.
Fees and funding
KU Graduate Fellowship
KU Graduate Fellowship is a unique and highly competitive MA and PhD scholarship opportunity for outstanding applicants. Candidates having outstanding academic record and/or having high impact scientific publications are considered for KU Graduate Fellowship.
- Monthly stipend
- Full tuition waiver
- Free furnished housing nearby campus or housing aid
- Private health insurance
- Travel awards
- Other benefits
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- MA by research
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team