- BA Degree from Law Department – A minimum GPA of 3,00/ 4,00
- MA/LL.M. Degree – A minimum GPA of 3,25/4,00
- GRE: Minimum 154 (Quantitative/Verbal) Required
- English Proficiency: TOEFL IBT(80) Required
- A research proposal (The proposal should outline the project that you wish to pursue in your PhD dissertation. It must be written in English and must be no longer than 2500 words including footnotes, references and bibliography).
- A letter of intent ( 1000-2000 words)
- Successful performance in a written exam and interview
Months of entry
In today’s world, where there is a growing need to adopt legal approaches to cope with local as well as global issues, resolving legal controversies requires a multi-dimensional perspective based on a conception of different legal disciplines; hence, the lawyer profile who is able to add to the development of society, economy, politics and the legal profession has been changing.
With this respect, Koç University aims to contribute to the molding of this new lawyer profile, with an understanding based on reliable academic research, as well as practicing experience.
Koç University Law programs have a wide range of curricula including the most demanding and less-discussed comparative and international topics of different legal disciplines.
Fundamental characteristics of the program are:
- World-wide reputed professors (and lecturers), who are distinguished as to their publications, research and practice of legal profession.
- Up-to-date courses structured on well-established and absorbed legal knowledge.
- Research and learning of different legal disciplines based on multi-dimensional perspectives.
- An atmosphere stimulating academic and vocational progress, whereby legal issues comprising comparative and international aspects are thoroughly examined.
- An integrated program with workshops, seminars and other activities parallel to the curriculum.
- Various options devoted to candidates with high competence of scientific research and to those who would like to differentiate from others in the legal profession.
- Regular and effective academic consultancy.
- Advanced research opportunities with regard to academic publications and instructions in particular, provided by Suna Kıraç Library.
- Privilege of being the part of a qualified group of graduate students, elected through adopting effective scaling and evaluation criteria
- Academic collaboration with leading law schools abroad.
Koç University Law School is a member of the European Law Faculties Association (ELFA), European Society of International Law and the Law Schools Global League (LSGL).
Information for international students
The program is currently very diverse in terms of the countries of origin of its students. There are full services provided to International Students before arrival, during orientation and in their time in the program.
All the Law programs are taught in English.
Fees and funding
KU Graduate Fellowship
KU Graduate Fellowship is a unique and highly competitive MA and PhD scholarship opportunity for outstanding applicants. Candidates having outstanding academic record and/or having high impact scientific publications are considered for KU Graduate Fellowship.
- Monthly stipend
- Full tuition waiver
- Free furnished housing nearby campus or housing aid
- Private health insurance
- Travel awards
- Other benefits
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team