1. GPA: 3.0 minimum
2. GRE (foreign students) score with the following minimum scores.
GRE: 155 Quantitative section
3. English proficiency exam. Applicants need to have taken one of the following exams and have at least the minimum score listed below. Native English speakers do not need to take an English exam.
TOEFL IBT (80/120)
4. Statement of purpose: In addition to telling us about your academic background, try to be as specific as possible about which topics you would like to study and research while at Koç University.
5. Two letters of recommendation
Two recommendation letters are required for M.A. applications.
A short list of candidates will be invited for an interview, either in person or through Skype.
Months of entry
The Department of Psychology aims at producing theoretical and applied research, scholarship, and teaching at a quality that meets and even exceeds the national and international academic standards and at addressing issues that are relevant to national and human development. The Department seeks active participation of the students in such research projects, to help them gain first-hand experience in conducting research and to familiarize them with issues that are of concern to human development.
The department expects the students to gain knowledge in almost all fields of psychology and to be aware of different approaches to psychology. The interests of the faculty include a wide range of areas such as cognitive, social, cross-cultural, organizational, developmental psychology, and psychology of language. Students get a chance to actively participate in national and international research projects that are conducted by our faculty. The department also regularly invites leading national and international scholars in psychology to introduce students to the field at large.
Information for international students
The program is taught in English and there are a full range of student support services for our international students.
Fees and funding
KU Graduate Fellowship
KU Graduate Fellowship is a unique and highly competitive MA and PhD scholarship opportunity for outstanding applicants. Candidates having outstanding academic record and/or having high impact scientific publications are considered for KU Graduate Fellowship.
The scholarships are only available to students applying to Thesis Programs. If you want to be considered for a scholarship, we recommend that you apply to one of our thesis programs instead.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team