- TOEFL (minimum scores for acceptance are 550 paper based; 213 computer based; 80 IBT), or YDS (minimum score: 87 only for Turkish applicants)
- Undergraduate GPA (minimum 2.75 recommended)
- Academic Postgraduate Education Exam scores (ALES, only for residents of Turkey)
Months of entry
In today’s world, where there is a growing need to adopt legal approaches to cope with local as well as global issues, resolving legal controversies requires a multi-dimensional perspective based on a conception of different legal disciplines; hence, the lawyer profile who is able to add to the development of society, economy, politics and the legal profession has been changing.
With this respect, Koç University aims to contribute to the molding of this new lawyer profile, with an understanding based on reliable academic research, as well as practicing experience.
Koç University LLM programs in public and private law have a wide range of curricula including the most demanding and less-discussed comparative and international topics of different legal disciplines.
Fundamental characteristics of the program are:
- World-wide reputed professors (and lecturers), who are distinguished as to their publications, research and practice of legal profession.
- Up-to-date courses structured on well-established and absorbed legal knowledge.
- Research and learning of different legal disciplines based on multi-dimensional perspectives.
- An atmosphere stimulating academic and vocational progress, whereby legal issues comprising comparative and international aspects are thoroughly examined.
- An integrated program with workshops, seminars and other activities parallel to the curriculum.
- Various options devoted to candidates with high competence of scientific research and to those who would like to differentiate from others in the legal profession.
- Regular and effective academic consultancy.
- Advanced research opportunities with regard to academic publications and instructions in particular, provided by Suna Kıraç Library.
- Privilege of being the part of a qualified group of graduate students, elected through adopting effective scaling and evaluation criteria
- Academic collaboration with leading law schools abroad.
Koç University Law School is a member of the European Law Faculties Association (ELFA), European Society of International Law and the Law Schools Global League (LSGL).
Required courses for each track are as follows: LL.M. Program in Public Law 1. Comparative Constitutional Law: Rights, Institutions and Judicial Review 2. European Human Rights Law 3. Transnational and European Criminal Law and Procedure 4. Public-Private Partnership: Legal Infrastructure * LL.M. Program in Private Law 1. International and European Contract Law 2. Dispute Resolution Mechanisms in International Private Law 3. Global Competition Law 4. World Trade Organization (WTO) Law and Trade Common Elective Courses 1. Investment Treaty Law and Arbitration 2. Main Principles regarding the Management of Joint Stock Corporations * 3. Privatization Law * 4. International Labour Law 5. United Nations (UN) Human Rights Protection System 6. Group of Companies Law* 7- International Transport Law 8- International Tax Law 9-Intellectual Property in a Global Perspective
Information for international students
The program is currently very diverse in terms of the countries of origin of its students. There are full services provided to International Students before arrival, during orientation and in their time in the program.
All the LLM programs are taught in English.
Fees and funding
55.000 TL (16.000 USD). This fee covers tuition and registration and also allows full use of the library, computer laboratories, and infirmary services.
LL.M with Thesis students may receive tuition waiver/partial scholarship depending on the strength of their application (e.g., grades, exam scores, written exam, interview)
Qualification and course duration
LLM by research
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team