Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants must have qualifications of the standard of Bachelor’s degree at first or upper second class level. Applicants must have qualifications in physical sciences/engineering, especially in Civil or Chemical engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science. The ideal applicant should demonstrate interests in the design and characterisation of engineering materials. Additional experience in cementitious materials is advantageous.
Months of entry
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation at Lancaster University and Wolfenden Concrete
- Get paid £16,000 tax-free
- Have your tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,200 towards your fees, meaning students eligible for home fees pay only £2,300. International students will need to pay the remaining £20,050.
- Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation within a cohort of talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
- The Centre is based at Lancaster University, so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018 and International University of the Year 2020.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas or progress on to further study.
The Search For Eco-Friendly And Carbon-Reducing Concrete.
Wolfenden Concrete is seeking a researcher who will be tasked with helping to develop new and exciting eco-friendly and carbon reducing concrete, together with concrete/hybrid products.
The ambition of the project is to create a new range of fit for purpose concrete products that address the ongoing lack of innovation in concrete product manufacture – particularly within the agricultural sector and associated environment. It hopes to achieve this by creating more sustainable low carbon products and as a consequence also help improve animal welfare.
It also wishes to prove the extent of any carbon reduction and sustainability of materials used but also showcase through testing, the improved durability of such products It hoped this will to allow key stakeholders with ambitious net zero carbon targets to specify these new products in the future.
Enterprise and Collaborative Partners
This project will be supervised by Professor Mohamed Saafi, Faculty Of Engineering, Lancaster University, and Professor Jianqiao Ye, Chair in Mechanical Engineering, Lancaster University.
Wolfenden Concrete (www.wolfendenconcreteltd.co.uk) is an independent manufacturer of high quality, cost effective pre-cast concrete products with applications for farming and industy. The business is based at Kelbrook, in East Lancashire (NW UK).
The company began life in 1977 as a diversification enterprise set up by its founder, Michael Wolfenden, who actually started life as a livestock farmer. It now has over 40 years of experience in concrete manufacture and particularly specialises in tailored, purpose-designed precast items.
Start: October 2021
Deadline: Midnight Wednesday 1st September 2021
For details on the application process and to apply click here
Information for international students
For information on home/international fee eligibility please see the university fee status webpage
Fees and funding
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund and is subject to funding confirmation.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation