The duration of this part-time course is flexible as it is offered on a modular basis Entry requirements: Applicants should be working in roles involved in the education and training of medical students and staff. For the PgDip/MSc a PgCert in Medical Education or equivalent is required. You may also make a claim (APL) to gain credits for exemption from some modules.
Months of entry
Co-delivered by Lancaster Medical School and CETAD, this course is designed to meet the GMC’s Strategy that all those involved in the development and education of doctors should be competent in principles of medical education.
· Develop and consolidate your knowledge and understanding of core principles of medical education
· Enhance your skills as a medical educator
· Evidence your competence in line with the Academy of Medical Educator’s learning domains
The MSc includes development in specialist aspects of medical education through modules and a work-based medical education project.
· Personal Learning and Development
· Introduction to Medical Education
· Designing Effective Medical Teaching and Learning
· Clinical Teaching Techniques
· Plus optional modules and projects
Information for international students
IELTS: at least 6.5 overall (minimum element scores apply).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Coordinator
- +44 (0)1524 593936