An upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in English Literature or related subject.
Months of entry
The MA in English Literary Studies offers several different pathways each specialising in a period or area of study, and enabling students to craft a degree that suits them:
- English Literary Studies which allows study across a range of periods and subjects
- Early Modern Literature including Shakespeare and the Renaissance
- Romantic and Victorian Literature
- Modern and Contemporary Literary Studies including Film and Media
- Critical-Creative Writing which combines critical approaches to writing with the practice of writing itself, including fiction and poetry
- Literary and Cultural Studies which is taught with the Department of Sociology and explores contemporary debates in cultural theory
Information for international students
IELTS 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each element.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the fees and funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1524 593089
- +44 (0)1524 594247