Any degree subject will be considered. The programme is particularly suited to those with a background in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business and Management. Relevant work experience is beneficial but not essential.
Months of entry
This interdisciplinary and unique programme provides an unrivalled platform for managing the strategic impact, organisational implications and business value of IT. ITMOC prepares you for twenty-first century careers in a globalising IT sector.
The programme modules provide an advanced grounding in key areas such as information technology and organisations, managing change, knowledge management, systematic interventions, strategy and IT management, project management and analysis, design and innovation.
Theory and practice are integrated throughout the programme. Our comprehensive range of modules develops both wide-ranging and specialist knowledge. The programme includes regular seminars and workshops with industry practitioners including CIOs, CTOs, CEOs and consultants. A research internship dissertation gives you the opportunity to collaborate with a company. We work closely with industry to ensure ITMOC is business relevant and leading-edge.
Student-centred learning is combined with academic rigour. Students come from technical and non-technical backgrounds. No specialist knowledge of computing or IT is needed.
For the MRes variant, students take two additional specialist research training modules.
· Academic and Professional Practice
· Analysis and Design
· Business Analysis and Enterprise Systems
· Interpretations of Information, Technology and Organisations
· IT Project Management
· Knowledge Management and IT
· Management of Organisational Change
· Research Internship/Dissertation
· Researching in Organisational Settings
· Strategy, IT and Digital Business
· Systemic Interventions and Consulting
· Business Skills and Analytics
· Cyber Security and Enterprise Resilience
· Enterprise Systems Architecture
· Human Resource Management
· Knowledge and Global Organisations
· Strategic Supply Chain Management
Information for international students
IELTS: 7.0 or equivalent (minimum element scores apply).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Coordinator
- +44 (0)1524 510961