2:1 (Hons) degree (UK) or equivalent in a language-related degree or one with a number of language/linguistics related subjects.
Months of entry
In the 21st century, meeting, working and communicating with people from across the globe has become part of everyday life. This diversity of culture brings with it a need for businesses and organisations to reassess their communication strategies to ensure that their internal and external communications are fully effective. Lancaster University’s MA in Intercultural Communication is designed to equip you with the expertise to advise on and implement effective communications in a range of multicultural settings.
- Intercultural Communication: which introduces you to the key concepts, theories and approaches in the field.
- Intercultural Encounters: which enables you to explore communication in salient domains of intercultural interactions such as business, education and health.
- Research Methods in Linguistics and English Language: which equips you with a range of research skills that you will be using during the programme.
- Dissertation: an independent, in-depth inquiry into a topic of your choosing which links to key issues in the field of Intercultural Communication and may directly relate to your professional interests.
Information for international students
IELTS: Overall score of at least 6.5, with at least 6.5 in reading and writing and 6.0 in listening and speaking
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Linguistics Postgraduate Coordinator
- +44 (0)1524 593028