- An undergraduate UK honours degree or international equivalent in a subject related to your proposed course of study or;
- A degree-equivalent postgraduate diploma /professional qualification
- one reference to support your application from an academic or a creative practitioner
- a proposal outlining your intentions for postgraduate study
Months of entry
In recognition of the expansive nature of illustration, we are intending to bring together our MAs in Illustration and Graphic Novel. This will encourage students to engage in critical discourse to support and expand the development of their practice.
Drawing from multidisciplinary methods of working, students will be confident to explore and extend the concepts of communication, sequential narrative and visualisation through research, practice and discursive critique.
The course allows students a stimulating, open thinking space for speculation, collaboration and an opportunity to explore the boundaries of what the disciplines can be.
Supported by a team with diverse research and practical interests from the fields of illustration, graphic novel and its broader visual cultures. Research and dissemination methods will be introduced and developed with the support of visiting industry professionals, workshops, lectures and seminars with opportunity to situate work in relevant professional contexts. The course methods centre around the ideas of observing, questioning and responding to the world, you will critically examine and contextualise your work in relation to emerging social, political, cultural, and ethical issues.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Leeds Arts University