- A good honours degree (2ii or above) with a significant proportion of Business, Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance and/or Economics.
- GCSE Grade C (or accepted equivalent) English and Mathematics. We offer our GCSE equivalency tests to those who have a conditional place on the course but do not already have these qualifications.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in secondary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a secondary teacher.
- Ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written Standard English, and to have passed the DFE Professional Skills Tests in numeracy and literacy.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
Candidates with third class honours degrees will be considered on an individual basis, and normally only if candidates have additional qualifications and/or significant relevant professional experience.
In addition to the above essential entry requirements, successful applicants also tend to have:
- Advanced level qualifications (or equivalent) in Business, Economics.
- Experience of observing the teaching of Business and/or Economics in a secondary school in this country.
We encourage applications from students who may not match the academic profile outlined above but who can demonstrate that they have developed their subject expertise by working for a substantial period of time supporting the teaching of Business and/or Economics in a secondary school context.
Months of entry
Leeds Trinity University offers Professional Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) (FHEQ Level 6) Initial Teacher Training courses in a number of subject areas. PGCE students are also registered to study for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education qualification (PGCert) (FHEQ Level 7).
- Leeds Trinity PGCE courses are well-established, with a longstanding reputation for excellence. Trainees do well on our courses, gain employment and progress in their careers.
- The Leeds Trinity University PGCE Business programme offers well-structured training to teach pupils across the age and ability range in a diversity of schools, denominational and non-denominational.
- The secondary programme will prepare you to teach within the secondary age phase.
- We are a well-established provider of Business Studies teachers with strong links with schools in Yorkshire and across the North East.
- The employment rate of our students is very high. Our graduates take up teaching posts across the UK as well as within our partnership schools.
- The course is suitable for applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds with relevant commercial and industrial experience.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)113 283 7100
- +44 (0)113 283 7200