- A good honours degree (2ii or above).
- GCSE Grade C (or accepted equivalent) English, Mathematics and Science.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in primary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a primary teacher.
- Ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written Standard English, and to have passed the DFE Professional Skills Tests in numeracy and literacy.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
Months of entry
Leeds Trinity University offers Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Initial Teacher Training courses in a number of subject areas. PGCE students are also registered to study for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education qualification (FHEQ Level 7).
- The primary programme will prepare you to teach the complete Primary Curriculum from 5 to 11 and provides you with an opportunity to pursue a specific area of personal interest and specialism during phase 3.
- We are a well-established provider of primary teachers with strong links with schools in Yorkshire and across the North East.
- The employment rate of our students is very high. Our graduates take up teaching posts across the UK as well as within our partnership schools.
- The course is suitable for applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds who have the talent and desire to teach, and the ability to train to become the next generation of teachers.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0113 283 7123