- A good honours degree (2ii or above).
- GCSE Grade C (or accepted equivalent) English, Mathematics and Science.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in primary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a primary teacher.
- Ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written Standard English, and to have passed the DFE Professional Skills Tests in numeracy and literacy.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
Months of entry
Leeds Trinity University offers Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Initial Teacher Training courses in a number of subject areas. PGCE students are also registered to study for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education qualification (FHEQ Level 7).
- The primary programme will prepare you to teach the complete Primary Curriculum from 5 to 11 and provides you with an opportunity to pursue a specific area of personal interest and specialism during phase 3.
- We are a well-established provider of primary teachers with strong links with schools in Yorkshire and across the North East.
- The employment rate of our students is very high. Our graduates take up teaching posts across the UK as well as within our partnership schools.
- The course is suitable for applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds who have the talent and desire to teach, and the ability to train to become the next generation of teachers.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0113 283 7123