- A good honours degree (2ii or above) in any national curriculum subject.
- GCSE Grade C (or accepted equivalent) English, Mathematics and Science. We offer our GCSE equivalency tests to those who have a conditional place on the course but do not already have these qualifications.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in secondary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a secondary teacher.
- Ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written Standard English, and to have passed the DFE Professional Skills Tests in numeracy and literacy. Find out more on the STA Education website.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
In addition to the above essential entry requirements, successful applicants also tend to have substantial prior experience in a primary setting in this country, observing, assisting and/or teaching. We treat every applicant on his or her own merits and value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement.
An offer of a place is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate. Invitation to interview will also include a DBS Enhanced Disclosure application form to complete and bring with you. Payment (£44) will be requested after you're offered a place via our Online Store.
Please contact us for personalised advice on 0113 283 7123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Months of entry
Fees and funding
UK & EU Students:
Leeds Trinity postgraduate Initial Teacher Training (ITT) tuition fees are £9,000 in 2016–17. Tuition fees may rise with inflation in future years.
You will not have to pay these fees upfront. Eligible UK and EU students can apply for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of tuition fees from the government.
UK students on non-salaried places studying full-time can apply for a package of maintenance funding from the government to help with general living costs and additional funding if you have children and/or a disability.
English and EU students can apply and find out more information at www.gov.uk/studentfinance. This website also has a calculator which gives you an estimate of what you will receive.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0113 283 7123
- 0113 283 7200