Course specific entry requirements available at http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/linguistics/en/introduction
Months of entry
The one-year Master’s in Linguistics at Leiden University offers a great diversity of subjects in linguistics and language studies. You can focus your studies on theoretical or historical linguistics, language, communication or translation, and your choice from the widest selection of languages offered by any institution in the Netherlands and the surrounding region.
Choose Leiden University for a Master’s in Linguistics:
- The Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL) is an institute with a long-standing international reputation for excellence. Learn from researchers who have been awarded prestigious grants and academic prizes.
- Choose from any one of the over 80 languages taught and studied at Leiden University.
- Learn in small groups, where you benefit from greater individual guidance and support.
- Examine issues from a broad range of perspectives and diverse theoretical approaches.
- Gain expertise that is both theoretical and practice-based such as skills in translation or text analysis from a communications standpoint.
Your future career
Graduates with a Master of Arts in Linguistics from Leiden University are in great demand by organisations worldwide. Our students graduate with the ability to approach linguistic problems from an academic standpoint as well as the practical and professional skills to communicate fluently, translate texts effectively, and other essential editorial capabilities.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- International Studyline Team