Course specific entry requirements available at http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/european-tax-law-advanced/en/introduction
Months of entry
European Tax Law (Advanced)
The Master of Advanced Studies in EU Tax Law is one of the new English-taught Advanced Master Programmes at Leiden University. Participants who have successfully completed the programme will be awarded the diploma of Master of Laws: Advanced Studies Programme in EU Tax Law, with an optional particular focus on either direct taxation, indirect taxation or State Aid Law.
We have designed this programme to provide you with a broad and in-depth knowledge of EU Tax Law, giving you a firm grasp of key European case law and fundamental legal concepts. You will also become familiar with key scholars in the field of European Tax Law. At the same time, you will develop an insight into the relationships and interactions between different aspects and concepts of EU Tax Law. We guarantee that you will acquire the skills needed to translate EU Tax Law into practice in a commercial, public sector or judicial setting.
The programme’s lecturing staff are highly regarded for their teaching and research, and many also work as independent practitioners. This ensures that current developments in EU tax law are part of the programme. As a student you will benefit from their experience and network. In addition, you will also be able to network with other (international) tax law students.
This advanced master of laws programme is specifically aimed towards:
- professionals working in a commercial tax environment within the European Union;
- professionals working in European public sector positions, including Ministries of Finance, national tax authorities, EU Institutions and the judiciary;
- tax practitioners from outside the European Union who want to understand how Europe works in respect of taxation;
- academics and newly graduated talented students seeking to improve their understanding of EU tax law, for example in the context of doctoral research.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- International Studyline Team