Course specific entry requirements are available at http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/chemistry/en/introduction
Months of entry
Chemistry is the central science enabling a healthy future in a sustainable society. Chemistry researchers in Leiden take a fundamental approach in finding tailored solutions for complex societal problems in human health and environmental issues.
In the Master of Science specialisations in Communication, Education or Science-Based Business, specific career opportunities in science-related professions can be explored.
Within the first four specialisations students have the choice of two major research areas:
- Chemical Biology
- Energy & Sustainability
The aim of each programme is to train the student as an independent scientist and to develop the necessary skills and proficiency to advance his/her career.
All specialisations are intended for students with an internationally recognised bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in chemistry. The Master of Science programme guarantees thorough research training founded on a profound theoretical basis. Master of Science students in Leiden work in an environment with many internationally renowned researchers and are able to operate on the international market.
All students with a Master of Science degree are admissible to a PhD programme.
Reasons to Choose Chemistry in Leiden
- The Leiden Institute of Chemistry (LIC) is highly acclaimed for the international character of its education with a young and enthusiastic research staff.
- The LIC offers tailor-made individual study programmes.
- Students become true members of internationally renowned multidisciplinary research teams.
- The Chemistry MSc programme offers ample opportunities for research projects in distinguished groups worldwide or in an industrial environment.
- The high standard of education ensures excellent job prospects in research or industry.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- International Studyline Team