Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The normal requirement for entry to a programme of study leading to the award of a Postgraduate Certificate is that an applicant should, as a minimum:
• First class or upper second-class honours degree in a relevant discipline (applications from participants who do not hold a 1st or 2:1 Honours Degree (or equivalent) but have appropriate professional experience will be considered).
• An exceptional applicant with a 2nd Class Honours degree may be considered for entry onto a Liverpool Hope award – all such cases are to be approved if the Head of School/Department and the Chair of Academic Committee are satisfied that the applicant has demonstrated, via a sample of academic writing and performance in an interview, the potential to achieve national standards for awards at UK Level 7.
International Entry Requirements For students whose first language is not English there is a language requirement of IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 minimum of all components. In addition to this we also accept a wide range of International qualifications, for more information please visit www.hope.ac.uk/englishlanguagerequirements/
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in Sport Management offers you the opportunity to gain the necessary skills to take up employment opportunities in the expanding sports industry. Sport as an economic and social activity is growing globally and with that the demand for sport management professionals has increased. This course offers you the opportunity to study business and management at an advanced level and apply these areas to the international sports industry. Issues that students will engage with include: sport market expansion, globalisation of sport, sport policymaking in the government and non-government sectors. In addition, you will gain key insights into how organisations operate more generally and how the business environment and strategic approaches impact upon them.
• To provide students with an advanced understanding and critical awareness of the global sport industry, the operation of sport organisations and the strategic management of sports events.
• To provide students with advanced knowledge and critical understanding of a range of theories, concepts and debates within the field sport management, and in the business, strategy and human resource management fields.
• To provide students with an advanced understanding of shifting socio-economic, policy and cultural context in which the global sport industry and sporting organisations operate.
This Postgraduate Certificate (60 Level 7 Credits) comprises four x 15 credit modules: Strategic Management; Sport Development and Policy; Human Resource Management; Sport Marketing and Branding: This course is a synthesis of sport, business and management and explores a range of topics including:
• Administration and governance
• Global sport industries and technologies
• Sports media and communication
• Sports leadership and social responsibility
• Sport products and services
• Human resource management
• Business strategy
• Strategic management.
Fees and funding
Cost Tuition fees for Home/EU students for 2021/22:
Full rate - £2,000
Tuition Fees for International Students for 2021/22:
Full rate - £3,800
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The PLD Team