Normally a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree in science. Relevant subjects would include primarily Psychology and Health Sciences. Other backgrounds which might be appropriate include Computer Sciences, Medicine or Nursing. You should have a keen interest in the subject, and a willingness to engage in wide reading around the topic areas. Students whose first language is not English there is a language requirement of IELTS 6.5 overall (reading 6, writing 6), TOEFL ibt 87, or other equivalent recognised English language qualification.
Months of entry
Cognitive neuroscience is the state-of-the-art discipline for both scientists and practitioners interested in the link between brain and mind. Watching and monitoring the activity of the brain while it is processing information provides an incredible window into our human nature. It bridges the gap between several connected disciplines such as psychology, medicine, and computer sciences. This program is suitable for psychology graduates, professionals, and medical technicians interested in understanding how, with the aid of advanced neuroimaging techniques, both our mind and brain function. The programme is organized around a core that integrates a course in cognitive neuroscience along with cutting-edge developments in neuroimaging, including functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) and Neuroimaging (subject to validation).
Electroencephalography (EEG). Students with a keen interest in the topic will be engaged in research programs from the staff that use different technologies (EEG, biofeedback, and the eye tracker).
Why chose Liverpool Hope?
- The teaching is research-led. We have staff who have published with neuroimaging technique and are currently active in the field.
- We have a wide range of technologies readily available for the students to engage in high level research.
- Key knowledge in advanced technologies will be provided.
- Practical training with actual data obtained by various technologies(fMRI, EEG) will be provided.
- Hands-on training on how to use specialist software to detect patterns in human behaviour will be ensured.
- Students will carry out their research project using one of the technologies available in our labs.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UK Student Recruitment
- +44 (0) 151 291 3111