First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree in a relevant discipline (applications from participants who do not hold a 1st or 2:1 Honours Degree (or equivalent), but have appropriate professional experience will be considered).
Due to the leadership specialism the expectation of the applicant will be that they have gained some leadership experience within an education or care setting. Normally they will be engaged in a leadership role at the time of starting on the programme but aspirational leaders will also be considered if they have the support to engage with leadership practice within their setting.
International Entry Requirements
For students whose first language is not English there is a language requirement of IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 minimum of all components. In addition to this, we also accept a wide range of International Qualifications, for more information please visit: www.hope.ac.uk/englishlanguagerequirements
Months of entry
The ability of a skilled leader in maximising the aspirations and achievements of students, and in creating a forward-thinking and fulfilling work environment for teachers and other staff cannot be overemphasized. At Liverpool Hope University, we have been a centre of excellence for the study of Education for decades, and our strong relationship with a wide variety of educational provision across the UK enables us to draw on the very best practices in order to develop your own skills in this area.
• Develop a critical understanding of theoretical approaches to leadership, relevant to educational practice.
• Enhance knowledge and critical understanding of applied leadership and management in an education context.
• Provide knowledge and critical understanding of key theories and concepts within the field of change management, and of the role of leadership in providing strategic direction and in leading change.
• Develop a critical understanding of those factors which influence individual and collective behaviour/s within organisations.
• Enable students to make informed decisions by creatively and systematically applying the knowledge and understanding of key concepts and best practice.
• Support students’ continuing personal and professional development so as to enable them to work as reflective practitioners with self-direction and originality, willing to take on a leadership role and contributing to the success of their own teams, organisations and their students.
Fees and funding
Tuition fees for Home/EU students for 2023/24:
Full Rate: £1,733
Partner School Rate*: £1,386
Group Discounts are also available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
*A Partner School is any school that has an Initial Teacher Education (ITE) partnership arrangement with Liverpool Hope University and who work with our students on providing school placements.
Tuition fees for International students for 2022/23: Full cost - £4,167
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The PLD Team