• First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree in a relevant discipline (applications from students who do not hold a 1st or 2:1 Honours Degree (or equivalent), but have appropriate professional experience may be considered).
• Open to both aspiring and experienced SEN managers and coordinators who work within educational settings.
For students whose first language is not English there is a language requirement of IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 minimum of all components. In addition to this, we also accept a wide range of International Qualifications, for more information please visit our English Language Requirements page.
Months of entry
January, April, September
This Postgraduate Certificate aims to enable managers and leaders of Special Educational Needs (SEN) to gain the confidence needed to strategically lead SEN provision in their settings. Through critical reflection, participants on the programme will consider the ways managers and leaders of SEN can aim to reduce barriers to participation and learning for pupils.
• The content reflects upon national perspectives* that provide a framework to address key aspects of the role of Special Educational Needs managers and leaders.
• Develop effective SEND management and leadership skills.
• Provides up-to-date knowledge support for professionals working within SEND, showing a commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
• The two modules each carry 30 Masters-level credits, which can be used towards a Masters in Education.
• Study from home with our flexible online learning, which enables you to schedule your study pattern around other obligations, providing a high quality specialist SEN education tailored to your lifestyle.
*Note: the Postgraduate Certificate in Management and Leadership of SEN will primarily reflect upon the Code of Practice (2015) which provides statutory guidance in England on duties, policies and procedures relating to Part 3 of the Children and Families Act (2014) and associated regulations.
Fees and funding
UK fee: £1,733
Graduate 600 fee: £1,532*
Partner School Rate*: £1,386**
* Graduate 600 - Reduced Fee for Home students who have obtained a 2.1 or 1st class degree at Liverpool Hope University within the last 3 years.
**A Partner School is any school that has an Initial Teacher Education (ITE) partnership arrangement with Liverpool Hope University and who work with our students on providing school placements.
International fee:Special discount fee for 2020/21 - £2,600 (usual cost £3,800)
Group Discounts are also available, contact email@example.com for further details.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The PLD Team