Normally a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree in a relevant discipline.
Months of entry
MA Film, Media and Society at Liverpool Hope is underpinned by critical and creative practice attuned to key global issues. It is critical because of its intellectual rigour, and it is creative because you have the opportunity to produce an original portfolio of work. It is unusual for an MA to offer modules in both theory and practice, but MA Film, Media and Society is equally suited for students who prefer to specialise exclusively in either theoretical study or practical work, or who wish to combine the two areas. Thus students may have the benefit of co-teaching from academics and practitioners, which will inform their theoretical understanding and research with insights amplified by experience of the applied creative process, and, symbiotically, illuminate their practice with rigorous scholarly contextualisation.
Whatever your specialism, you will be taught by staff who are international experts in their field with either extensive current peer-reviewed publications, or multiple award-winning productions. The course is also highly career-focussed, and from the outset you will have opportunities to enhance your CV with workplace opportunities with independent entrepreneurs as well as multinational companies.
Why choose this subject?
- A critical and creative MA in Film, Media and Society that enables you to focus exclusively on theoretical or practical work, or to combine the two.
- Working with tutors who are publishing academics and award winning producers
- A superb academic library (including thousands of DVDs) and professional equipment purchased to support developing practice needs
- A vibrant research culture to which postgraduate research is integral
- Dedicated support for developing your career including opportunities for a range of media industry work placements
- Studying in a beautiful ‘garden campus’ collegial environment with teaching rooms, library, studios, and all support services close at hand
- Masterclasses from international figures
- Local, National and international field trips.
Information for international students
Please see website for details.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UK Student Recruitment
- +44 (0) 151 291 3111