Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The normal requirement for entry to a programme of study leading to the award of an Postgraduate Certificate is that an applicant should, as a minimum:
• First class or upper second-class honours degree in a relevant discipline (applications from participants who do not hold a 1st or 2:1 Honours Degree (or equivalent) but have appropriate professional experience will be considered).
• An exceptional applicant with a 2nd Class Honours degree may be considered for entry onto a Liverpool Hope award – all such cases are to be approved if the Head of School/ Department and the Chair of Academic Committee are satisfied that the applicant has demonstrated, via a sample of academic writing and performance in an interview, the potential to achieve national standards for awards at UK Level 7.
International Entry Requirements
For students whose first language is not English there is a language requirement of IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 minimum of all components. In addition to this we also accept a wide range of International qualifications, for more information pleas
Months of entry
Big data. Almost every company collects it and now more than ever they want to use it to improve their business processes and effectivity. But they also want to protect it. Specialists in data science or cyber security are now amongst the highest valued, and paid, IT professionals. This course will provide a firm grounding in the fundamentals of data analytics, the application of machine learning and artificial intelligence, the use of cloud computing to facilitate data science, and the protection of data using modern cryptographic approaches.
This course is an introduction to the related disciplines of data science and security. Currently both specialities are in high demand in the UK and around the world.
• Enhance critical understanding of data science, methodologies and practices with clear references to current research and best practice including:
• Introduce Data Analytics.
• Introduce Artificial Intelligence.
• Cover the use of cloud computing in data science.
• Provide an overview of industry standard approaches to protecting data including synchronous and asynchronous cryptography, approaches to authentication and authorisation, and the protection of data on disc, in flight and at service endpoints.
Fees and funding
Tuition fees for Home/EU students for 2021/22: £2,000
Tuition Fees for International Students for 2021/22: £3,800
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The PLD Team