You will need:
a minimum 2.1 honours degree in Biological Science or another related biological sciences degree
alternative qualifications with significant work experience
an international qualification that equates to UK requirements. International students must also have an English language qualification equivalent to at least IELTS 6.5 (a minimum of 6.0 is required in all components) as recognised by LJMU.
Months of entry
Qualify for a career in fertility treatment and reproductive research on this new Clinical Embryology MSc, designed and run in conjunction with industry.
- Study on this Clinical Embryology MSc, which is jointly taught by LJMU and CARE Fertility
- The course is the only fully integrated UK clinical embryology masters taught with fertility treatment providers
- Learn from academic, research-active staff at LJMU and clinical embryology and reproductive medicine specialists at CARE Fertility
- Focuses on practical experiences and current advances in fertility research
- Provides a strong practical and academic foundation and knowledge base to prepare you for a career in assisted reproduction
- Develop an in-depth understanding of current technologies relevant to the fertility treatment sector
- Benefit from teaching in state-of-the-art facilities at LJMU and CARE Fertility
The MSc Clinical Embryology programme has been designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of assisted reproductive technologies. You will have access to specialist, state-of-the-art laboratories at both LJMU and CARE Fertility Manchester and will receive training in relevant new technologies. CARE Fertility’s dedicated training laboratory features four fully-equipped zones for hands-on practical work and expert demonstrations. Each zone has a microscope, laser and micromanipulator with access to IVF incubators and consumables. There is also a dedicated area with audio-visual tools for teaching, discussion and study with live-link video to the on-site clinical IVF laboratory.
The curriculum is research-led and the latest advances will be explored in student-focused seminars. Upon graduation, you will have a competitive edge in the fertility treatment jobs market. Please note that this degree does not lead to state registration as a Clinical Scientist. If you require further careers advice on the route to becoming an embryologist/andrologist, please contact: email@example.com for more information.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see course page for more information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Admissions