Entry requirements (Home)
An Honours degree with a minimum 2.2 classification or a professional qualification of equivalent standing together with such relevant professional experience as deemed appropriate by the School.
Non-UK applicants will be expected to have demonstrated competence in English language equivalent to a minimum of IELTS 6.5. Applicants who have studied and successfully achieved a UK degree within 24 months of the start of the MSc are exempt from this requirement.
Entry requirements (International)
LJMU welcomes applications from international students. In addition to normal entry requirements, you will be expected to demonstrate a very good level of English language competence, for example an IELTS score of 6.0-6.5 or equivalent. Please note: specific courses may require higher levels of English language competence. If you have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. It can take four to six weeks to receive an ATAS certificate, so please make sure you apply as early as possible. You can find out more on the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website. Alternatively, contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for guidance. Please note: international students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part time. Students entering the UK on alternate types of visa may be in a position to study part time. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details before making your application. In order to obtain a visa you will also need to show evidence that the money required to cover your tuition fees and living expenses has been in your bank account for at least 28 days prior to submitting your visa application. So please make sure that your finances are in place before applying. For more details, go to our international website.
For advice on any aspect of the application process, please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team.
Months of entry
The MSc Integrated Building Information Management (BIM) at Liverpool John Moores University provides all the latest skills to work in this rapidly expanding field. You’ll gain CAD software experience and postgraduate management expertise.
- Complete this masters degree in one year (full time), two years (part time)
- Informed by internationally-recognised research from our Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies (BEST) Research Institute
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to work in the field of BIM Management in the UK and overseas in a variety of sectors
- Access the latest computer aided design (CAD) and information management software
- Opportunity to complete an integrated BIM project, working collaboratively with colleagues form other disciplines
This degree is ideal if you are involved in the procurement and management of built assets from a variety of professional disciplines, as it considers the implication of information management from all sides of the industry.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to lead information management throughout the life cycle of a project and have an understanding of the implications of decisions made via Integrated Project Delivery.
You will accrue an advanced understanding and knowledge of the theory and practice of the:
interaction processes involved in designing, constructing and managing a building/infrastructure project using BIM, 3D models and big data
significant factors in the selection of information management techniques to achieve the optimum performance outcomes through the life cycle of a project
- the supply chain both internal and external involved in a BIM project across different disciplines
- current institutional and sector BIM standards and develop project specific protocols
- risk management in BIMtechniques/procedures for successful implementation of a BIM project
- BIM sustainable and environmentally-friendly solutions inter-disciplinary skills necessary to work with professionals from a variety of backgrounds
Information for international students
International applicants are required to demonstrate equivalent qualifications to the standard requirements for entry when applying for courses at LJMU.
Students must also demonstrate a proficiency in communicating through English, for example via an IELTS tests or equivalent.
Please note: UK visa restrictions mean that international students are only permitted to study on a full-time basis.
Please contact LJMU’s International Team for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090