An Honours degree in Computing or a Computing-related subject, including subjects with a significant core of computing, or a professional qualification with equivalent standing. Non-UK applicants will be expected to have demonstrated competence in English language equivalent to a minimum of IELTS 6.0. Applicants who have studied and successfully achieved a UK degree within 24 months of the start of the MSc are exempt from this requirement.
Months of entry
Become a network security expert on this Masters course at Liverpool John Moores University. You will have the opportunity to carry out an extensive research project and gain crucial technical skills at a professional level.
- Course available to study full time (1 year)
- Delivered by academics active in research
- Opportunity to carry out a research project in an area of your choice
- £6 million state-of-the-art laboratories and teaching facilities
- Excellent career prospects in areas including secure networked systems development, network security management, computer crime detection and network security consultancy
This programme provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career prospects and become a network security professional. You’ll gain advanced, research based knowledge and skills in computer network security and its applications.
The course aims to provide you with a fuller, systematic understanding of current and emerging network security technologies and help you to:
- explore the issues surrounding computer and network security in industrial contexts
- develop expertise in the areas of network security that you are interested in
- become an advanced, autonomous learner
- develop a comprehensive understanding, critical awareness and ability to conduct evaluation of current research issues
- work with originality in applying analytical, creative, problem solving and research skills
- gain awareness of the advanced, conceptual understanding, underpinning career development, innovation and further study for PhD
Learning how to apply a range of tools and techniques and developing a clear understanding of how to effectively and creatively manage computer network security on this course, will put you in an excellent career position when you graduate.
Information for international students
LJMU will be awarding a range of generous international scholarships for students enrolling at the University in September. Please contact LJMU’s International Team by visiting www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/international-students for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
For up-to-date information regarding fees please contact:
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||33|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||34|
|Dissertation||33 (30000 words)|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090