Applicants will need:
- a degree in a relevant subject (e.g. media production; film studies, computer studies, games studies, fine art, design, architecture) with a pass of at least a lower second class
- Applicants with equivalent professional qualifications and experience will also be considered
- At the point of application applicants will be expected to provide a portfolio/showreel and/or blog to provide evidence of engagement with critical debate in the area of creative media practice
Months of entry
LJMU's Creative Technology MA is a practice-led programme that sets out to develop your technique and insight within the expanding creative media sector.
- Develop advanced Storytelling, through a variety of contemporary media
- Explore social, interactive and immersive platforms in a variety of contexts from the street to the arena
- Become an inquisitive media practitioner, with a sophisticated understanding of how to exploit emerging technologies and realities
- Study in the £38 million Redmonds Building and enjoy full access to Liverpool Screen School's state-of-the-art facilities
This MA offers you an opportunity to embark on a period of enquiry that operates at the forefront of developments in storytelling within the creative media and digital technology sectors. Whether your career in this sphere leads you to sell or tell, there are a myriad of converged, interactive, social, locative and immersive platforms that should be explored in the development of compelling ‘storyworlds’.
Novel media technologies continue to emerge, affording genuine opportunities for individuals to profitably exploit these in the pursuit of immersive narrative artefacts. Beyond the need to understand moving image, which pervades all our devices, we should exploit all media forms; new digital realities demand that we re-examine the visual, the locative, the social, the virtual, mixed and the merged.
Our aim is to develop inquisitive media practitioners with a sophisticated understanding of what creative technology might afford. To create advanced and autonomous learners, able to assess new technologies for their potential in the development of innovative media outcomes and then in response, to produce finished artefacts as an individual, or to assemble teams with the necessary skill-set to do so.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44(0) 151 231 5090