Entry requirements (Home)
Months of entry
The Professional Doctorate in Policing, Security and Criminal Justice at Liverpool John Moores University enables practitioners, professional services and early career academics to reach the highest level of academic attainment.
- An ideal programme of further study for serving or recently retired practitioners
- Enables you to write a thesis on an original topic of your choosing, making a contribution to knowledge and professional practice
- Select supervisory experience from scholars right across the university, ensuring first class support and fulfilment
- Reflect on how practice and academia can combine and develop new insight and knowledge
- Learn from experienced professionals, practitioners and academics
The Professional Doctorate in Policing, Security and Criminal Justice aims to produce well-informed, ethically reflective and professionally-competent practitioners who have a sophisticated and crucial academic understanding of wider policing and security theories and issues.
The programme will enable you to develop advanced skills and competencies in designing, conducing, evaluating and presenting research relevant to a range of related areas.
On graduation, you will be able to disseminate the results of your research with a view to contributing to the debate or influencing policy and practice. The course aims to enhance the development of reflective practice through discussion and networking with others who may be working in different sectors of criminal justice, security and the policing sector.
At the end of your course you will feel confident enough to make an original contribution to the status of police studies, security studies and criminology as a discipline, through the advancement of your knowledge and professional practice.
Information for international students
International applicants are required to demonstrate equivalent qualifications to the standard requirements for entry when applying for courses at LJMU.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44(0)151 231 5090