You will need:
- a minimum 2:1 in literature, cultural history or a relevant discipline
- IELTS English language requirement: 6.5 (minimum 5.5 (minimum 7.0 in written work) in each component)
- Pearson requirements: 59-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI Purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- You may need to meet university staff as part of the selection process
If you have any specific queries, please contact email@example.com
Months of entry
LJMU's MRes in English enables you to carry out an independent research project in the field of English Studies.
- Work alongside active researchers in the field
- Benefit from specialist supervision and study within a diverse community of fellow researchers
- Discover the wide variety of approaches currently practised in the discipline
The MRes seeks to extend your knowledge of literary and cultural history while developing your analytical and critical skills. It is also intended to cultivate an understanding of research as a specific activity.
The programme is delivered by academics actively engaged in research under the aegis of the Research Centre for Literature and Cultural History at LJMU. Key areas of specialism include early modern literature and culture; gender and sexuality; medical humanities; 19th century literature and history; regional, national and postcolonial literatures; contemporary and everyday cultures; literature and cultural geography; 20th century and contemporary writing (British, Irish, Scottish, American).
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMU's International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquries
- 0151 231 5090