Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need:
- 2:1 or above in Literature, Cultural History, or a related subject
- Applications are welcomed from highly motivated, non-standard entry students with relevant experience, but without the necessary formal qualifications
- IELTS English language requirement: 6.5 (minimum 5.5 (minimum 7.0 in written work) in each component)
- Pearson requirements: 59-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI Purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- You may need to meet university staff as part of the selection process
- If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective applicants are advised to contact the Programme Leader for further information.
Months of entry
MA English Literature at LJMU offers you the opportunity to pursue advanced study, at the leading edges of the subject, within a vibrant community of scholars.
- Embark on this interdisciplinary MA that studies literature in its diverse forms as a way of exploring complex questions about what it means to be human
- Enjoy a thematic approach to study, based around ideas of place, mobility, bodies and objects
- Explore an eclectic range of texts, periods, theories and genres within these broad themes
- Join a supportive research culture and work alongside emerging and established scholars at the cutting-edge of their subject
- Benefit from a valuable foundation for progression to doctoral research and many other careers in the cultural and heritage industries
The course explores the deeper potential of that most eclectic and interdisciplinary of subjects—English—and extends your reading and research into exciting new areas. You will master skills of research, analysis, argument and writing that are both a vital preparation for doctoral research and highly valued by employers.
The MA English Literature is designed to help you think critically about the role of literature in history and explore some of the new directions scholars in English are taking.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMU's International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090