Months of entry
The MA English Literature at Liverpool John Moores University offers you the opportunity to pursue advanced study, at the leading edges of the subject, within a vibrant community of scholars. The degree explores the deeper potential of that most eclectic and interdisciplinary of subjects—English—and extends your reading and research into exciting new areas. You will master skills of research, analysis, argument and writing that are both a vital preparation for doctoral research and highly valued by employers.
- An interdisciplinary MA that studies literature in its diverse forms as a way of exploring complex questions about what it means to be human
- Offers a thematic approach based around ideas of place, mobility, bodies and objects
- Explores an eclectic range of texts, periods, theories and genres within these broad themes
- Allows you to join a supportive research culture and to work alongside emerging and established scholars at the cutting-edge of their subject
- A valuable foundation for progression to doctoral research and many other careers in the cultural and heritage industries
Information for international students
International applicants are required to demonstrate equivalent qualifications to the standard requirements for entry when applying for courses at LJMU.
Students must also demonstrate a proficiency in communicating through English, for example via an IELTS tests or equivalent.
Please note: UK visa restrictions mean that international students are only permitted to study on a full-time basis.
Please contact LJMU’s International Team for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries