You will need:
- a minimum 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject (Film Studies, Media Production, Computer Studies, Game Studies, Fine Art, Design, Architecture and Humanities based subject)
- to demonstrate the ability to benefit from and contribute to the programme
- to display the potential to develop postgraduate level research skills
Months of entry
This hybrid MA enables students to develop practical and theoretical skills in film production and analysis.
- Combine practical filmmaking and film criticism
- Choose between practical and theoretical assignments
- Embed your learning within an academic and film industry-based context
- Study on a course that explores and promotes filmmaking in the city of Liverpool, capitalising on its cinematic history and its current and future production activity
- Learn from staff with a broad range of research specialisms, including practical filmmaking, academic writing, screenwriting and producing video essays
Studying on this new MA affords you the opportunity to study in one of the UK’s most dynamic cities. Liverpool is the second most filmed in city after London and has a vibrant media and cultural industry. With the Twickenham Studios film production facility due to open in the Littlewoods Building in 2020, there is no better time to study Film in Liverpool.
This forward-looking MA prepares you for bridging the traditional gap between theory and practice, by inviting you to both ‘think’ and ‘do’ film, thus bringing down barriers and forging new approaches to the analysis and production of films.
The MA Film promotes an experimental approach that considers film as a tool for research and a means for understanding, exploring and representing the world. The programme will build a cohort of practice-informed academics, and theory-informed practitioners, while offering the opportunity to study in a dynamic city with a burgeoning film industry.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please visit the course page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090