Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need:
- a minimum 2:2 in a related subject
- a minimum of five years’ journalistic experience or experience working as a Press Officer/Information Officer etc
- IELTS English language requirement: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- You will not be interviewed
If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
The MA programme is aimed specifically at teaching the theory and practice of UK style journalism to international students. Using state-of-the-art facilities, this vocational course helps you develop your knowledge and practical skills for reporting national and international news.
- The world is changing rapidly with exciting developments as well as significant challenges. There has never been a greater need for well-educated and well trained journalists to report global news
- The MA International News Journalism programme is designed especially for international students to learn how journalism is practised in the UK within a wider international context
- Watch the Programme Presentation
- Students can apply the knowledge and skills they have learned from the course to the work in their own countries or internationally
- The course allows you to develop your English language skills alongside your academic and journalistic skills
- The Journalism Department has long experience of running journalism programmes for international students from various parts of the globe
- You will receive practical training in multi-media journalism skills, especially broadcast and online journalism
- You will practise your professional skills in the industry-standard newsrooms, TV studios and radio booths in the £38 million Redmonds Building in Liverpool City Centre
- The course helps you understand international relations and global issues that are regularly reported in the news
- You are taught by staff with many years of journalism experience from a wide range of national and international news organisations
- Staff have close links with the BBC, Granada TV, Sky News, Sky Sports, Channel 5 News and many other media companies
- Opportunities for internships with various media and news organisations
- You will also develop your research skills that can be useful for your careers and/or further study (e.g. PhD degree)
- Our graduates have been employed by many media organisations in the UK and around the world, including the United States, Norway, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Austria, Spain, China, India, Pakistan, Malaysia and other countries.
The programme is suitable for students from a variety of subject areas. It will develop your ability to report global news and your skills to work as an international journalist in a digital era. You will receive excellent training in multi-media journalism in a vibrant learning environment.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090