- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in a related subject
- to demonstrate the ability to benefit from and contribute to the programme
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in other areas and 7 in writing)
- Non-standard applications are welcomed but those without a 2:1 in a related subject may be interviewed
Months of entry
Course contentLJMU's innovative MA International Relations provides a grounding in key theories while examining in depth issues of enduring international significance
- Learn from experts and practitioners in the field of International Relations
- Benefit from assistance when organising an internship
- Apply for Erasmus funding which is available for internships in Europe
- Enjoy free field trips to explore the complex workings of institutions and think tanks
- Attend the Perspectives in IR research seminar series
- Learn a language online through Rosetta Stone
- Join a highly motivated postgraduate research community
This fascinating programme takes an expanded definition of International Relations and covers a range of subjects from economics, politics, law and culture to examining the actions of international organisations, nation-states and non-state actors.
It provides you with an essential grounding in international relations theory and also provides a range of specialist modules which examine in depth issues of enduring international significance: conflict, the United Nations, international affairs in the Asia-Pacific region, and the role of humanitarian actions by state and non-state actors.
In addition to the cross-Faculty taught aspects of the MA, the programme recognises the importance of networking by obtaining employment in a related field. This is why we will hold and attend regular events and workshops with experts in a variety of fields, and support you in arranging work-based learning if interested.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090