You will need:
- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in a performing arts-related subject
- a minimum three years professional training or significant musical theatre experience with demonstrable creative potential and critical thinking assessed through interview/audition and written submission
- to demonstrate that you have sufficient knowledge to embark on and complete the programme so you should provide evidence of your learning capability, study opportunity and commitment
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson 58-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI purposes)
- You will be interviewed for this programme
If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
The MA in Musical Theatre at LJMU has been designed for actors, directors, choreographers, MDs, composers, lyricists, librettists and teachers.
- Join a passionate community of musical theatre scholars and artists
- Participate in an annual festival of performance and scholarship titled “Adventures In Musical Theatre”
- Benefit from a highly flexible, student-centred curriculum and delivery structure, with an emphasis on learning through creative risk and play
- Take advantage of opportunities to include current work-based activity or undertake a placement
- Enjoy access to a wide network of local, regional, national and international partners
The MA Musical Theatre seeks to develop your mastery of musical theatre craft, alongside current, relevant critical enquiry and scholarship. The programme focuses on the question: “what constitutes excellence in musical theatre"?
At the heart of the programme's work is an exploration of craft in creative processes and a belief that rigorous critical enquiry and best creative practice are inextricably linked. It aims to champion new work and new ways of working, and celebrates the unique expressive opportunities and appeal of the musical.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090