You will need:
A relevant second class honours degree or above (such as in criminology, social or political science), or an overseas equivalent qualification is normally required. Alternatively, a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and suitable work experience (such as policing, security or military work) may be accepted.
Proficiency in English – where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575. In some cases applicants who do not possess the standard entry requirements may be permitted to enrol at the discretion of the programme leader.
When you apply, you will need to submit proof of your prior qualifications, your CV, a copy of your passport page and the £400 application fee.
Months of entry
Explore the underpinnings of security and counter-terrorism law.
This 100% distance learning programme is delivered in partnership KNECT365/Informa.
- Provides candidates with a solid understanding of the many problems facing the international community today
- Investigates relevant human rights law and international law issues; connects global legal issues to the broader role of security and counter-terrorism
- You will reflect, analyse, understand and develop your own area of expertise within the fields of law making, law enforcement, counter-terrorism and intelligence analysis
- Understand and apply intelligence and analytical thinking to practical problems by looking at current and emerging problems as well as evaluating potential solutions to these issues
- Discovering how law making, law enforcement, security forces and politicians are trying to counter and combat threats in a global environment
Security and Terrorism Law is ideal for those seeking to enter or advance related careers in the public and private sectors, as well as professionals already engaged in such fields who seek to enhance their knowledge, critical thinking and career prospects by undertaking further qualifications.
The Security and Terrorism Law programme is an excellent preparation for many careers, roles or associated areas.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.