Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirementsYou will need:
- Good Honours degree (classification 2:1 or above) in English, Writing or a cognate subject.
Applicants who demonstrate professional skills and evidence of achievement in a related area without formal qualifications will also be considered.
We place particular emphasis on both the portfolio and the interview. The above requirements may be waived if a portfolio shows promise.
Please refer to the Application and selection section for further information on the application and interview process.
- Please see application and selection section below
- IELTS English language requirement: 6.5 (Minimum 6.0 in each component)
- Person requirements: 58-64 (Minimum 51 in each component for UKVI Purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- As this is only offered as a part-time masters degree, international students are not eligible to study this programme
If you have any specific queries, please contact email@example.com
Months of entry
- Study on a unique programme providing training in e-publishing and detailed peer critique workshops
- Learn from published writers
- Enjoy strong links with Curtis Brown, Blake Friedman, The Society of Authors, the Royal Literary Fund, NAWE, Hodder and Stoughton, Parthian, Salt, Everyman Theatre, Byte the Book, Misspelled Word, Tindall Street, BBC Radio, Comma Press and Faber & Faber
Although you will be encouraged to explore at least two genres of writing across the programme, you will be free to specialise in any genre. Workshops form the heart of the course, sharing your work, developing your editing skills, defining and enhancing your identity as a writer.
Other activities involve reading as a writer, exploring new technologies such as websites, e-publishing and social networks, as well as meeting guest writers, agents and editors. These further develop the programme’s aim of finding the best ways for you to advance and perfect your writing.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090