You will need:
- a minimum 2:2 honours degree in a relevant field
- evidence of potential to study at Masters level
- registration as a health professional (nursing, allied health or medicine) or Physician Associate
- evidence of organisational support with protected study and placement time
- evidence of relevant workplace opportunities for clinical placements
- evidence of relevant supervision and mentoring
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
If you have any specific queries, please contact email@example.com
Months of entry
- Three specialist pathways to choose from: Neonatal, Acute Paediatric Care or Ambulatory Care
- Use advanced levels of knowledge to systematically respond to complex challenges
- Enjoy a dynamic learning environment enabling you to meet challenges flexibly and creatively to become a proficient practitioner
- Gain skills to assess, diagnose and manage the variety of minor injuries, illnesses and paediatric emergencies that commonly present in neonatal, acute paediatric or paediatric ambulatory care settings
- Delivered in partnership with Kids Health Matters
The course covers all elements of advanced practice; values based care, autonomous practice, critical thinking, high levels of decision-making and problem solving; reflection and improving practice; leadership, facilitating learning, research and developments.
Over the course of your studies you will develop advanced clinical reasoning, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills in the assessment and management of illness and health in neonates or children and young people.
You will explore, critically review, consolidate, extend and apply a systematic and coherent body of knowledge relating to paediatric advanced practice and the assessment and management of child health and illness in a variety of settings. On completion of the course you will recognise the boundaries of advanced professional roles and be able to articulate the legal and ethical frameworks in which the Advanced Practitioner.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090