Entry requirements (Home)
You will need:
- a 2:2 honours degree or above from a UK university (or equivalent overseas qualification)
- a professional qualification with recognised degree equivalence
- you could be currently working in the tourism, leisure or hospitality sector and be able to display the aptitude and motivation required to study at Masters level
As well as equivalent qualifications, you will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or above. If you have studied and successfully achieved a UK degree within the last 24 months, you will not be required to produce evidence of your competence in English.
Please note: further evidence of your English language skills may be requested before an offer of study is made.
This course will only run subject to minimum numbers.
Entry requirements (International)
LJMU welcomes applications from international students. In addition to normal entry requirements, you will be expected to demonstrate a very good level of English language competence, for example an IELTS score of 6.0-6.5 or equivalent. Please note: specific courses may require higher levels of English language competence. If you have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. It can take four to six weeks to receive an ATAS certificate, so please make sure you apply as early as possible. You can find out more on the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website. Alternatively, contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for guidance. Please note: international students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part time. Students entering the UK on alternate types of visa may be in a position to study part time. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details before making your application. In order to obtain a visa you will also need to show evidence that the money required to cover your tuition fees and living expenses has been in your bank account for at least 28 days prior to submitting your visa application. So please make sure that your finances are in place before applying. For more details, go to our international website.
For advice on any aspect of the application process, please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team.
Months of entry
This MSc in International Tourism Management, from Liverpool John Moores University, develops the knowledge and skills required to work in this fast-paced sector, calling on wide-ranging links with the tourism industry.
- Masters degree available to study full time (one year) or part time (two years)
- Study global tourism in the heart of Liverpool – a thriving, cosmopolitan city with its own multi-million pound tourist industry
- Develop the knowledge and skills required by management professionals in the international tourism sector
- Benefit from industry speakers and placement opportunities
- Discover current and emerging sector developments through the programme's wide-ranging links with the tourism industry
- Enjoy excellent career opportunities in the public and private sectors in tourism, leisure and hospitality
- This course will only run subject to minimum numbers
Led by expert tutors actively engaged in research and consultancy work nationally and internationally, this eagerly-anticipated Masters will cover a host of key topics.
You will study the globalisation of tourism services, management and leadership practice, resource management, global tourism marketing and strategic planning.
Student support levels are exceptionally high in this subject area, with course tutors previously nominated for Teacher Excellence awards in recognition of their outstanding pastoral and academic support for postgraduate students.
As this is a Masters-level course, there is a strong emphasis on self-guided learning. Classes will take place in Liverpool City Centre. Full and part time routes are available, so you have an opportunity to fit your learning around your professional commitments.
Information for international students
International applicants are required to demonstrate equivalent qualifications to the standard requirements for entry when applying for courses at LJMU.
Students must also demonstrate a proficiency in communicating through English, for example via an IELTS tests or equivalent.
Please note: UK visa restrictions mean that international students are only permitted to study on a full-time basis.
Please contact LJMU’s International Team for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090