You should have a minimum 2:2 Honours degree (2:1 preferred), or equivalent. If you do not have formal qualifications but do have significant, appropriate work/life experience, you are also encouraged to apply. This course will only run subject to minimum numbers.
Months of entry
Study this unique Masters course at Liverpool John Moores University - a higher education institution accredited to work with governing bodies of sport to deliver a UKCC Level 4 coaching programme. The course is aimed at coaches keen to enhance their capability through analysis and critical reflection of their personal coaching practice and provides the skills to coach at elite level.
- Flexible learning with a mixture of online activities (videod lectures, discussion boards, readings) that can be done when you choose
- Contact sessions every 3/4 weeks with staff members that allow you to access face-to-face support from staff and fellow coaches
- LJMU is accredited to work with governing bodies of sport to deliver a UKCC Level 4 coaching programme
- Enjoy a combination of online blended and on-campus learning with guest lectures from industry specialists
- Enhance your practice through analysis and critical reflection
- Benefit from an industry-guided curriculum featuring practice-relevant content
- This course will only run subject to minimum numbers
Throughout your course you will need to be actively involved in coaching and may be able to secure a placement with one of our partners.
You can study full time over a year or part time over three years alongside employment. During this time, you will be fully supported by your programme team.
Staff can be contacted via email and often use Skype, Google Hangouts and other online technologies to assist students outside of standard hours.
Returning learners can look forward to a special induction event with academic staff, orientation activities and study skills support sessions covering everything from academic writing to presentations.
Based at the IM Marsh campus in the leafy suburb of Aigburth, just four miles from the city centre, you will have access to learning and computer resources and an on-site library.
Resident sports facilities include two gymnasiums, a climbing wall, fitness suite, sports hall with 5-a-side pitches and badminton, basketball and tennis courts, an all-weather astroturf pitch and outdoor netball and tennis courts.
Information for international students
International applicants are required to demonstrate equivalent qualifications to the standard requirements for entry when applying for courses at LJMU.
Students must also demonstrate a proficiency in communicating through English, for example via an IELTS tests or equivalent.
Please note: UK visa restrictions mean that international students are only permitted to study on a full-time basis.
Please contact LJMU’s International Team for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Please contact the Faculty of Education, Health and Community (Education) for up to date information regarding fees. The Faculty can be contacted by email at email@example.com or telephone 0151 231 5340.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090