Degree in Computing or a Computing-related subject, including subjects with a significant core of computing OR Degree equivalent professional qualifications OR DipHE or HND plus a minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience Non-UK applicants: minimum IELTS 6.0. Applicants who have achieved a UK degree within 24 months of the start of the MSc are exempt from this requirement.
Months of entry
Enhance your career prospects with this Masters in Advanced Computer Studies at Liverpool John Moores University. Carry out an extensive postgraduate research project and benefit from international academic collaborations on this course.
- Complete this masters degree in one year full time
- Delivered by academics active in research
- £6 million state-of-the-art laboratories and teaching facilities
- Flexible programme structure allows you to tailor your studies to enhance your career
- Opportunity to carry out a novel research project in an area of your choice
- Excellent career prospects in areas such as application development, project management, IT management and further study for PhD
Our Masters degree in Advanced Computer Studies offers you the opportunity to create a bespoke programme that meets your specific requirements by combining option modules from two specialised programmes offered by LJMU's School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences.
If you want to develop a combined expertise in Computer Forensics and Computer Security, or Software Engineering with Computer Science, or any combination of the above, you will find this course an excellent route towards your career goals.
This flexible course aims to provide you with a fuller , systematic understanding of current and developing computer systems and technologies in selected areas and help you to:
- explore the issues surrounding computer systems in Industrial contexts
- development expertise and interest in areas which are relevant to your work
- become an advanced autonomous learner
- develop a comprehensive understanding, critical awareness and ability to conduct evaluation of current research issues
- work with originality in applying analytical, creative, problem solving and research skills
Learning how to apply a range of tools and techniques and developing a clear understanding of how to effectively and creatively manage computer systems on this course will put you in an excellent career position when you graduate.
Information for international students
LJMU will be awarding a range of generous international scholarships for students enrolling at the University in September. Please contact LJMU’s International Team by visiting www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/international-students for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
For up-to-date information regarding fees please contact:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090