An Honours degree in Computing or a Computing-related subject, including subjects with a significant core of computing, or a professional qualification with equivalent standing. Non-UK applicants will be expected to have demonstrated competence in English language equivalent to a minimum of IELTS 6.0. Applicants who have studied and successfully achieved a UK degree within 24 months of the start of the MSc are exempt from this requirement.
Months of entry
This Masters in Computer Forensics at Liverpool John Moores University provides the opportunity to study the latest forensic skills and methods. You’ll carry out an extensive postgraduate research project to increase your systems expertise.
- Course available to study full time (1 year)
- Delivered by academics active in research
- Opportunity to carry out a novel research project in an area of your choice
- High quality teaching and excellent learning resources
- £6 million state-of-the-art laboratories and teaching facilities
- Excellent career prospects
Our Masters degree in Computer Forensics will equip you with a range of skills that can be used for the retrieval of computer-based information for criminal investigations.
This course aims to provide you with a fuller, systematic understanding of current and developing computer forensics technologies, helping you to:
gain a comprehensive, in depth knowledge of the wide range of issues involved in the implementation of computer forensics investigations. You’ll learn about security and legal, ethical and privacy requirements, as identified by advanced research in the area
develop effective management skills to implement investigations within organisations and law enforcement and acquire expertise and interest in topic areas of direct and complementary relevance to your work
- become an advanced autonomous learner
- gain a comprehensive understanding, critical awareness and ability to conduct evaluation of research issues
- develop your originality in applying analytical, creative, problem solving and research skills
- gain awareness of the advanced, conceptual understanding, underpinning career development, innovation and further study for PhD
Information for international students
LJMU will be awarding a range of generous international scholarships for students enrolling at the University in September. Please contact LJMU’s International Team by visiting www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/international-students for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
For up-to-date information regarding fees please contact:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090