You will need:
- a minimum 2:2 in a numerate, scientific or computer-based subject
- an A level, or equivalent, in Mathematics at Grade C or more
- RPL is not accepted on this programme
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in each component)
If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
LJMU's cutting edge Data Science programme trains Scientists, Engineers and Mathematicians in this new field. It is taught by experts from two university departments.
- Study a ground-breaking curriculum linked to industry needs
- Use industry standard tools and methodologies
- Undertake an extended project using real world data science problems
- Learn from academics who are world-leading researchers
- Use the programme as a basis for PhD study
Data Science is an emerging discipline that aims to extract unique insights by extending the field of statistics to incorporate advances in computing, particularly in relation to large quantities of data.
It is estimated that 90% of the world's data was created in the last two years and that each day, over 2.5 billion gigabytes of data is created. Between 2012 and 2017 the take up of big data analytics amongst large enterprises in the UK more than doubled from 14% to 29%. The number of big data specialist staff working in large firms is predicted to increase by 243% to approximately 69,000 employees.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMU's International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090