Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need:
1. A lower second class (2:2) or higher honours degree in mechanical engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
2. A lower second class (2:2) or higher honours degree in mathematics or a physical science, together with experience in a field relevant to engineering.
3. Graduate or corporate membership of one of the following professional bodies: The Institute of Mechanical Engineers, The Institution Engineering and Technology, The Institute of Measurement and Control, or IMarEST.
4. Professional qualifications considered equivalent to the above (e,g, MCA Class 1 Chief Engineer COC).
- IELTS English language requirement: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
LJMU’s long history of high quality masters teaching in Marine and Offshore Engineering will ensure you are prepared for a successful career in this growing industry.
- Study at one of the UK’s leading Maritime Schools
- Follow a curriculum accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Meet Chartered Engineer requirements
- Benefit from close industry links and excellent career prospects
This MSc programme provides the engineering skills and techniques you need to work as a specialist in the marine and offshore engineering field. On graduation you will be able to make an immediate contribution to a company’s capability and operation, and progress into senior management positions.
The course combines substantial marine modules with mechanical engineering options to produce a bespoke skills learning set. It capitalises on the demand for highly qualified postgraduates and maintains LJMU’s longstanding reputation for meeting the needs of the maritime industry.
Studying alongside students from all over the world you will learn about: safety analysis, design engineering, structural analysis, maritime law and insurance, quality systems and alternative energy systems.
Our highly qualified and respected academic team combine specialist knowledge with relevant industrial experience. This combination of academic and professional expertise, as well as our well-established links with the industry and the worldwide maritime research sector, will help to ensure that you are well prepared to meet the opportunities and challenges of this expanding sector.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquires
- 0151 231 5090