You will need:
- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in an appropriate engineering subject such as: Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; or
- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in another engineering discipline if you can prove that you have previously studied sufficient engineering science.
Those with a 2:2 honours degree in an appropriate engineering subject such as Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering will be considered on an individual basis and are encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
Completing this programme will give you the special knowledge and skills required to design unmanned aircraft systems.
- Study an emerging technology in a growth industry
- Develop specialist engineering capabilities in flight dynamics and aircraft design
- Learn from experts actively engaged in relevant research projects
- Explore payload technology and emerging applications for unmanned aircraft
- Complete an independently-led research project with supervision from a subject expert
Unmanned aircraft are rapidly emerging as a disruptive technology across a range of civil, industrial and scientific applications. This programme provides specialist knowledge and training, enabling engineers to develop their skills in a growing technological field.
The programme combines taught content with practical work and simulation. You will develop your expertise in aircraft design, flight dynamics and simulation. You will also learn about safety and reliability in both design and operation of unmanned aircraft systems.
To appreciate the diverse requirements of unmanned aircraft systems, you will be provided with recent case studies which demonstrate how this technology is being deployed in a range of industries and applications.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090